Please note that all of information provided on our website about our products is meant to be informative only. For more information regarding prices and shipping (within Canada only) please visit our store in Barrie (515 Bryne Drive, Barrie, ON), phone us (705) 726-7600 or send us an email [email protected].
A wide variety of native plants in Canada and Ontario attract birds and other wildlife. WBU Barrie is proud to offer several varieties of native plants and native plant seeds (seasonally) that attract birds and other wildlife into your yard with flowers (nectar), seeds and/or berries. Songbirds, hummingbirds, butterflies, bees and other pollinators as well as mammals all feed on native plants. By incorporating native plants into your garden you will encourage wildlife to visit your yard, increase your local biodiversity and have beautiful plants that are low maintenance. Native plants are very hardy and can withstand many different conditions including varying temperatures and local water conditions. Native plants are also easy to start from seeds.
2019 Native Plant List
We have a variety of native plants for sale this spring. The below plants are now available and beneficial to wildlife including songbirds, hummingbirds, butterflies, bees and other pollinators. Plants are $5.99 each or 3 for $15 (Cardinal Flower excluded).
- Wild Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis)
- Swamp Milkweed (Asclepias incarnata)
- Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca)
- Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- White Turtlehead (Chelone glabra)
- Prairie Smoke (Geum triflorum)
- Cardinal Flower (Lobelia cardinalis)
- Great Blue Lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica)
- Wild Bergamot (Monarda fistulosa)
- Foxglove Beardtongue (Penstemon digitalis)
- Gray-headed Coneflower (Ratibida pinnata)
- Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Hoary Vervain (Verbena stricta)