We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
515 Bryne Drive,
Barrie, ON L4N 9P7
Phone: (705) 726-7600
Fax: (705) 726-1327
Email: Send Message
Mon - Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Visit our other website
Connect on Facebook
• Hummingbirds and orioles return at the beginning of the month.
• Warbler migration peaks early in May. Nearly 30 species will migrate through the region.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
• Yearling Purple Martins (previous year's fledglings) arrive mid- to late-May.
• Peak of warbler migration early to mid-month.
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Nesting materials are being collected.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Mosquitoes can begin to be a problem late in the month.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.