We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
515 Bryne Drive,
Barrie, ON L4N 9P7
Phone: (705) 726-7600
Fax: (705) 726-1327
Email: Send Message
Mon - Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Visit our other website
Connect on Facebook
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Early April migrants include the Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Towhee, Fox Sparrow, Snipe and Tree Swallow.
• Late April migrants include the Brown Thrasher, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, American Bittern, Chimney Swift, Chipping Sparrow, Barn Swallow and Caspian Tern.
• Great Horned Owls have their young.
• Hummingbirds and orioles arrive late April/early May. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
• The Common Loon finishes its northward migration by the end of April. Some late migrants arrive in May.
• Purple Martins (scouts) begin to arrive in mid-April.
• Purple Martins return by middle of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Cardinals begin nesting.
• White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
• Woodcocks continue their "sky dance" courtship flights.
• Bluebirds are nesting by end of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.